Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kovalam Beach, Thiruvananthapuram


After a tour of Chowara, we proceeded to the Kovalam beach- it is compact, and the sea is flat, enabling people in venturing moderately deep inside. It is compacted by boulder formations on either side. With the kind of team I was there, venturing deep into the sea was out of question. I made some fuss about taking a round in the speed boat- after all, I'd be well within sight. The result was an expected veto but I vicariously enjoyed when others took it!!


'Come here, so that I may enlighten you', the Sun seems to say @ Kovalam



The waves seem to point to the 'Seat of Enlightenment', @ Kovalam

This snap will qualify for a 'Spot the Sun' contest, @ Kovalam

Grey n light, @ Kovalam

'Get partly enlightened', the Sun seems to be thinking, @ Kovalam

'I'm right in here', @ Kovalam

'You all are so lucky, and so close to enlightenment',@ Kovalam

'I'll see you all before long', @ Kovalam

'Here I am, come, get enlightened', @ Kovalam

'Thanks fot the enlightenment', the tourists seem to think,@ Kovalam

One is never lonely in the company of nature, @ Kovalam

The wave seems to be eager to reach me

More representatives of Samudra on their way,@ Kovalam















































































After clicking quite a few, I requested my team- mates to wait, as I waded in 'six waves'; like a small kid, I kept on extending by another six, and yet another, and so on, by even showing them six of my fingers to denote the same, to save myself the trouble of walking upto them and making an 'extension request', and enjoying the touch of a wave or two in the meantime- that is, until I turned back to make a repeat, and, found them furiously walking away. I had to bid a sad farewell to Kovalam!

No comments: